Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Words To Live By

Can you spot one lucky guy? 

Happy Birthday to not only the most interesting man I know, but to one very lucky guy!

Here are 25 profound sayings Peter has been known to uttered over the past 50 something years:

"Hey, look what I found?"

"I take pictures of tracks."

"No more pets."

"No."
 
"No."
 
"I'd say no since we don't even own a home, but no one says no to Peggy."

"What did I say about not bringing
home any more pets?"

"This is the last one. No more pets after this one."
 
"You're the one who said no more puppies!"

"I hope the zoo takes him, because I really don't want a pig."

"What happened out there?"

"You don't want a store. I'm telling you.
You do not want a store."

Cecilia: "Which one should I get?"
Peter: "Oh, it's too hard to pick. Just get them all!"
Alright, alright. Peter never said that. Hahaha! But I wish he did. 


"Life's too short for cheap beer."

"...warm beer."


"...crappy beer."

"When I go fishing, I'm not abandoning you.
I'm just going fishing. I'll always come back."

"I never want to have kids."
 
"I don't want to have another kid. I don't think
I have enough love for two."

"I learned to cook out of self-defense."

"I was born a poor black child."

"I am not an engineer."

"I get up every morning and I get to say,
'I LOVE my job!'"

"Never turn down a job until it's offered to you." 

"Just hear me out. I found a job on findajobinafrica.com.
I probably won't get it, but I'd like to apply.
If nothing else, it'll be a fun exercise."

 
"I'm not an engineer, but I'll get up every day
and go to this job because we need the money
and I'm lucky to have it."

"We have great kids.
We enjoy each other's company.
We've done a lot with our lives.
I am one lucky girl."
says Cecilia
each and
every day.
<3

Happy Happy Birthday, Peter! Your place in this world has made our lives that much more interesting...and us, very very lucky! 
 









6 comments:

  1. Oh, happy birthday, Dear Peter! and what a fun post to celebrate this sweet man, Cecelia! love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I am one lucky guy. And obviously none of you ever listened to me. I said no more pets, yet .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it...funnily enough I'm watching a doco...Tribes, Predators and me...which is about Pete's second family in Botswana - the San! Happy Birthday once again Pete!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. What's it called? And thanks for having a look.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete