Monday, August 31, 2015

Clark





     As I sat in the ER with my mom, frustrated by the amount of time passing and knowing she was in pain. Acute Appendicitis, diagnosed after getting a C-Scan at DRA Imaging. "I have the CD", I offered, but no one wanted to see it. 
     Meanwhile, my son called my husband who just left us to get some food and something to drink. Instead of getting pizza as I requested, he had to rush home. Clark was throwing up and having a seizure. 
     As I waited for the surgeon to bring my mom into the operating room, Peter called. I knew why. I said, "Do what you think best." without his asking me. "It's a decision we have to make." "You make it." as I half listened to the Dr. 
     Then I texted Peter, "Give my boy a hug for me. Tell him good bye." 
     Tonight, I lost my best bud. We had a lot more time together than we ever expected. 
     I know I had to be with mom so that I wasn't there to watch Clark die. I know there is always someone looking out for me. I am truly blessed. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. 

(More to come but I had to share this for now. BTW - Mom's operation went smoothly. Let's hope for a full recovery with no complications. )

2 comments:

  1. This made me cry. Much love to you and the family. Clark was a good boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Jack. Thanks for reading it and for crying with me. He was a really great dog. You would have liked him and vice versa. :)

      Delete